This SINP Express Entry Stream under International Skilled Worker nominates individuals who are already in the Express Entry pool and who already meet the general requirements like education, language ability, work experience etc.
Applications from foreign skilled workers are invited to fill the skilled labour gap in the province.
Nominations fall under the following sub-categories:
- Express Entry Stream
- Occupation In-Demand Stream
- Employment Offer Stream
This is a detailed guide on the Saskatchewan PNP express entry stream. If you are interested in applying via SINP, make sure you read everything carefully before you proceed with your application.
SINP Express Entry Stream
The international skilled worker Express Entry Stream is for people who want to live and work in Saskatchewan. Applicants with experience in skilled work in an occupation that’s in demand in Saskatchewan must have an express entry profile before applying for SINP and have shown interest in living in Saskatchewan.
Before creating an Express Entry Profile, all candidates must be eligible for one of the three federal economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker
- Federal Skilled Trades
- Canadian Experience Class
Before applying for the Saskatchewan express entry stream under international skilled worker, check your occupation must not be excluded from the in-demand list.
Check the SINP occupation list here: Occupation In-Demand
If your occupation is not in demand in Saskatchewan, there is no point in applying to the SINP international skilled worker stream.
You are not eligible for SINP Express Entry Stream, if.
- You have the status of refugee from the Government of Canada
- You are not accepted into an Express Entry Pool
You are not eligible for SINP Nomination if…
- You failed to submit the documents asked by SINP during the processing
- You were unable to prove your intention to live and work in Saskatchewan
- You interpret your documents or knowledge in the application
Candidates must satisfy the following SINP express entry eligibility criteria for consideration under the International Skilled Worker – Express Entry Stream:
#1. You may qualify for this sub-category if you live outside Canada or applicants living in Canada must submit proof of legal status but not a refugee claimant.
#2. Score a minimum of 60 points out of 110 on the SINP point assessment grid. To calculate points on the SINP points assessment grid, visit my post on “How to calculate SINP EOI points?”.
#3. Candidate must have an IRCC Express Entry profile. Express Entry Profile Number and Job Seeker Validation Code must be mentioned on the SINP application.
Check my guide on “How to Create an Express Entry Profile?”
#4. Have a language test result that meets the federal Express Entry language requirements. Submit the results of the language test conducted by a designated testing agency. Results should match the language level score declared in their Express Entry profile.
Check my detailed article on “Language Assessment Test for Canada PR”.
#5. Complete at least 1-year post-secondary education or training equivalent to the Canadian education system, as a result of which the candidate has obtained a degree, diploma, or a certificate equivalent to a trade certificate. If education is acquired outside Canada then it should be accessed by a recognized authority.
Here is my guide on “How to apply for ECA?”
#6. Possess at least minimum-level work experience relevant to their line of education or training in a skilled occupation (NOC 0, A, or B) which is in demand in Saskatchewan.
#7. Provide proof of Professional Status or Licensure. Find your NOC Code and check if it requires a license to work in Saskatchewan.
In my case, being an IT professional, I was required to get CIPS certification Here is my detailed article on “How to get a CIPS Certificate for Canada?”.
Candidates holding work experience in skilled trade must provide a certificate of qualification or letter of invitation in their respective skilled trade from the Saskatchewan Apprenticeship & Trade Certification Commission.
#8. Have Proof of funds and settlement funds.
Requirement of specific documents for Saskatchewan Express Entry Stream
1) A copy of the original document should be submitted. The unclear document can lead to the rejection of the application.
2) The document should be either in English or in the French language. Documents in other languages should be translated and the translation should be done by a verified translator. The translator’s affidavit should be attached to the application.
3) Language credentials should be less than 2 years old.
4) Educational credentials should be evaluated by the designated authority.
5) Your occupation should be in demand in Saskatchewan. Proof of employment should include your job title, job duties, period of employment, number of hours each week, location and contact information of the company.
6) The candidate must have a professional license if the occupation comes under licensed professions. However, if you applied to SINP and do not have a license (if applicable), SINP will give you one year to submit the license. Failure to do that leads to rejection of the application.
7) A passport must be valid throughout the immigration process i.e. from application to permanent residency.
8) Debentures, credit cards, lines of credit, gold, cash, property or businesses are not accepted as settlement funds.
Proof of Funds – Settlement Funds for SINP EE – [April 2023]
You must show in your application that you have sufficient funds to successfully establish in Saskatchewan. Saskatchewan demands to have the funds for a minimum of 3 months rather than 6 months (in the case of Express Entry profile) from the date of submitting your application.
(As of April 25, 2023, the Canadian government has revised the required settlement fund amounts as per the IRCC official website)
The amount needed as settlement funds now are:
|No. of Person in Family||Min. Required Funds|
|Additional (per) family member||$3,706 (each)|
|💡 Tip: Please make sure you always check the POF (proof of funds requirement from the official website only). This immigration topic is subject to change, just use my guide as educational and informational only, This is not immigration advice, as I am not a professional consultant. I am like you and did the whole process on my own, so just sharing my knowledge.|
Proof of funds must be attached to your application. They must:
- Be on official letters, official statements, and/or certificates from one or more financial institutions.
- Have been maintained at least 3 months prior to submitting your application and maintained throughout the entire immigration process.
- Be in the name of the principal applicant and/or spouse only.
- Be in English or French Language.
- Show a detailed transaction history for at least three months before the date your SINP application is submitted.
- Include the type of currency, the fund holder’s name, the contact information of the financial institution, account numbers, transactions and balances.
How to Apply under SINP Express Entry Stream?
Let’s follow these 8 easy step-by-step instructions. Make sure you read the notes as well.
1) After checking your eligibility from the above points, the very first step is to create an Expression of interest (EOI) profile and submit it to SINP. Check my complete guide on “How to submit SINP EOI?”.
2) After the Submission of the Expression of Interest (EOI), the candidate should wait for the EOI draw and response from Saskatchewan regarding receiving an Invitation to Apply (ITA). Candidates receiving an ITA can log in using the same account as the one created for their EOI profile.
3) Keep ready all the required documents for online submission.
For Example, passport, birth certificate, educational documents, language assessment, proof of marital status (if applicable), work experience, settlement funds, and connection to Saskatchewan if applicable.
Complete all provincial and federal forms like Ethical Conduct Disclosure and Application Declaration and Consent form, Generic Application form for Canada IMM 0008, Additional family information IMM 5406, Schedule 4, and supplementary information form IMM 5562, Schedule A Background Declaration etc.
Upload all forms and documents on the SINP portal and save the application.
|ⓘ Note: You will have a maximum of 60 days to submit an Invitation to Apply (ITA) via the SINP online portal. Your invitation will tell you what to do next and if your invitation expired before you applied for the SINP nomination, you can resubmit a new profile that may be eligible for future EOI Draws.|
4) Include the names of all the dependents in your application, even if they aren’t meant to travel to Canada with you. These include spouses, common-law partners, and dependent children.
5) Pay the required application processing fee of $350 CAD (non-refundable) and apply for SINP International Skilled Worker – Express Entry Stream Online.
6) The general processing time for all applications submitted under Express Entry is 20 weeks. If the application is approved, candidates will be notified in their Express Entry profile and they should accept the nomination within 30 days.
7) Once the provincial nomination is accepted, the CRS score of the applicant receives a boost of 600 points, making them eligible to receive an ITA from IRCC for PR to Canada.
8) After accepting the Invitation to Apply (ITA) under the IRCC Express Entry profile, you will have 60 days to submit your profile to IRCC
|ⓘ Note: If the application gets rejected for some reason, the candidate will receive intimation on what’s missing as well as the correct instructions to apply again. If you provide false information in your EOI, it may be considered as misrepresentation and it will lead to refusal of your applications as well as being banned from applying to the SINP for a period of two years.|
Processing Time and Fees for SINP Express Entry Stream
As mentioned above, the application fee is $350 CAD and the average processing time is 20 weeks but it depends from application to application.
My immigration to Canada happened through the SINP Express Entry Stream. When I filed my application, there was no Expression of Interest (EOI) in the picture. SINP used to accept applications when it opened and only intake a defined number of applications.
However, one thing I know about SINP is that it is comparatively easy to migrate via SINP if we compare it to other PNPs. Saskatchewan immigration authorities take every candidate seriously if you fulfil the basic requirements and have authentic documents to prove your application status.
If you have any questions regarding the SINP express entry stream or anything related to SINP PNP, please leave your comments below. I will try my best to answer all your queries.
If you find it helpful kindly share it with others.